My OWC Thunderbolt Hub arrived today. Here’s some impressions:
- Set up is a breeze – unbox and use. Of course this would be the case, but one never knows with peripherals.
- The hub itself is about 3 x 4.5 inches and 3/4 inch high. Not too obtrusive on the desktop.
- The power brick however is about twice the volume and mass of the hub. Pretty hefty brick.
- Hub comes with one USB cable to connect the Mac to the hub – and then it has the three Thunderbolt 4 and one USB-A ports.
- I’m using it with an external 4K monitor and two external Samsung T5 2TB drives. No issues with any of that. It’s a good idea to get OWC’s Dock Ejector software.
- The hub would make a good coffee warmer – it gets pretty warm to the touch. I place it on a slightly raised surface to allow air circulation.
All in all, works as advertised. Good to have it around.