PDF app with good presentation (for trial work)

All,

Following a recent two-week trial in federal court, I’ve grown frustrated with LitSoftware’s app “TrialPad.”

While the app was amazing when released, it has not be substantially updated in quite some time. According to their blog, LitSoftware is working on a new suite of replacement products. But it’s been quite some time now with no details, beta, etc.

So I’m looking for alternatives. I’ve played some with PDF Expert’s presentation mode. But I’m curious about others. An ideal solution would have:

• Presentation mode (display only the open document with a kill switch to display only black)
  • Allow for temporary callouts (magnified portions) and highlighting
  • Allow for easy navigation of a folder of files to go between documents being presented.

Does anybody present regularly in a non-linear way? Jumping between documents as necessary? (i.e. without useing a Keynote/Powerpoint presentation)? If so, what do you use?

1 Like

Did anyone ever answer?

I’m curious if @ciaran still feels this way, or if the updates to TrialPad over the past couple of years have addressed his concerns.

I’m not sure what I’d recommend other than TrialPad for this kind of thing. (I’m a heavy TrialPad user.) Maybe GoodNotes?

1 Like

I am using LiquidText for case preparations. Once ready I export it to a PDF. I present from my Mac while having LT opened on an iPad in case I need to find a reference etc.

1 Like

I haven’t personally had occasion to use the newer updates to TrialPad, though my firm still subscribes to it. I’ll report back after the next use (likely in a couple months).