I was wondering everyone’s workflows for the iPhone photos. I recently came into a glitch in my workflow that I had for the last few years. This glitch only happened because I am trying to help someone, it still works great for me personally.
- Regular daily/weekly backups from iPhone to Computer
- I use an app called PhotoSync that is just amazing and full of configurations
- At the computer, Hazel runs through a set of rules and a script so that the following “IMG1234.JPG” looks like this “2019-06-06 at 00-17-48-IMG1234 - 3024 x 4032.JPG” and gets sorted into a folder YYYY-MM-DD
- I then move the folder to my Synology and I add an event name after the date.
Quick Responses for suggestions of Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Amazon, and other cloud places
- Almost all of those places screw up the metadata in some shape or form (tested this several times)
Enter The Problem.
Family member has not backed up their pictures in 2 years. 9,000 pictures.
Anytime I try to start my workflow process for this family member’s phone and I lose the connection regularly. (phone call, network drop, a photo or video just gets hung up or something)
Does anyone have suggestions to move this many pictures without losing out on the metadata? (biggest one for me is the date and timestamp of the capture date) Most of the earlier cloud services I mention with replace that date with the “modified date” which is a big no-no for me.