since Aperture went the way of the Dodo, I am desperately looking for a photo management solution which has the following features:
- detect faces to help cataloging/sorting
- supports tags/keywords which are compatible with the Finder’s tags
- various sorting/grouping/search features like ratings etc.
- does NOT depend on uploading photos to a company server
- able to index and manage files in their respective directory (no central library)
- allows upload/sync with my own WebDAV server
Price/Subscriptions are not really an issue, I’d pay good money for such a solution.
List of apps I already tested and failed:
- PhotoDirector 11 Ultra (crashes, not usable)
- ACDSee 6 for Mac (no face detection at all, no tags)
- GraphicConverter 11 (not able to sort or search for tags)
- Apple Photos (no tags for the Finder/central library only)
I will keep updating this list and update you on my quest… any feedback is welcome!