Playing with DEVONthink....what are your most interesting uses?

You can easily export everything. When you do that it’s files and folders. DT doesn’t change your files or store them in some proprietary format like Evernote.

1 Like

Thanks @Adrian That took a load off my mind and is another feather in their cap. I don’t know anything about Evernote and that will keep me away from it. I didn’t realize that though, I didn’t kinda want to think about it and find out so it stayed as a low level anxiety. Not a good way to deal with stuff is it!? I think that is a valueable feature then. I used to use Mellel but, though it is quite easy to pdf and so on it is another step and I tended to neglect the app consequently.

Jonathan; in regard other resources, apart from the podcast I mentioned none that I’ve accessed or even searched for. The process itself is quite simple; connect, select through menu options, wait, (not inordinately, btw), done.

The only worthwhile comment I can add is that, IMHO, it is preferable to keep the index(es) as one separate purpose oriented database - keeps the function focussed and doesn’t interfere with your normal DT usage.