Podcast not visible when searching

There seems to be a lot of Podcasters here, so I hope that someone is able to answer this.

A friend of mine recetly started podcasting. When I searched for her podcast in Apple Podcaster or Overcast it wasn’t there. It’s visible in Spotify and on the internet though. I assumed that she had a deal with Spotify, but she tells me no.

The podcast in question is this: Våga Fråga - Våga Prata - Våga Lyssna<!-- --> - Hosted by Kajsa Lager Brink

Any ideas how to be visible on the other platforms as well?

I’m just guessing here … could it be due to the unusual and complex title that is defeating search algorithms?

Maybe. I was also thinking it contains Swedish characters, but I can find other cast’s with the word “våga” in, so it ain’t that.
I told her she should change the title to something simpler. However, a search should work no matter the title – If you ask me.

You are probably right but there are so many companies out there somewhere hosting/searching podcasts and playing podcasts, all could be and probably are different with their various SQL queries and Regular Expressions.

My hunch it is that it is not the Swedish characters but the hyphens causing the mystery.

Something simpler is a start.

You have to submit podcast (i.e. its RSS feed to Apple).

Submitting to Apple and getting it approved means Overcast and possibly others will pick up the feed.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t A-cast do that…? :thinking:

Thanks for the input, I’ll share the info with her.

I doubt it. Apple will want a relationship with the owner of the podcast…

Which is quite ironic

I also found this:

But this also makes me wonder: Could really all podcasts that are searchable in Overcast have done that procedure…?

Yes.

Marco Arment has spoken before about the fact he legitimately pulls the list of podcasts from Apple’s directory.

You only have to do it once and then maintain it if something changes.