Podcasts Similar to Focused

Hi all, any one have any recommendations to other podcasts similar to Focused? I already know about Hurry Slowly, but what else is out there? Thanks!

1 Like

Back to Work with Merlin Mann and Dan Benjamin is like Focused, but much less focused.

A friend of mine made a favorite episodes list—I can try to find it if you’d like.

1 Like

What is it in particular you like about Focused that you’re searching for elsewhere?

I recently launched a productivity podcast with @HeyScottyJ called Nested Folders which may also be of interest :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh! The Getting Things Done podcast is actually pretty amazing, even if you’re not into GTD copyright David Allen Co. 2001. The back catalogue is worth exploring.

2 Likes

Not at all the same format, but Basecamp’s Rework podcast has a lot of episodes about focusing on and completing what really matters to you and your company.

1 Like

Yes, of course. I love Back to Work!

I really am interested in the discussions of cutting back distractions on our devices as well as the more work-life balance stuff like they talked about with Shawn Blanc in the most recent show.

I’ll check out your show too!

1 Like

Cortex touches on much of the same topics at times. It’s a great one!

1 Like

Chris Bailey’s Becoming Better has some episodes about Focus.

Merlin and Dan’s Back to Work is great, but it has been running weekly since 2011. It can be very overwhelming. I would check the early episodes that have descriptions that catch your eye. Un(fortunately) they take about 10-30 min to get to the actual topic usually, which is fine if you’re listening to the episodes as they come (they’re fun to listen to), but not if you’re going through the backlog to extract information.

3 Likes

Excellent. I will check this out. I had no idea.