[poll] which is your primary PKM note taking app?

Can’t vouch for the Mermaid action— I didn’t build it— but yes, as far as I understand it, it loads your data through Mermaid’s renderer (mermaid.ink/img/[your encoded data here]).

The VisJS action I built simply calls a version of VisJS for local use. I imagine something similar should be possible for Mermaid; see: Mermaid API working examples. Shouldn’t be too difficult to either update the existing action or build something from scratch using one of those…

1 Like

Same here. I also use deft for quick access.

I use vanilla Emacs with a config that’s been tweaked over 25 years.

1 Like

I keep being drawn back to it, and seeing “new” features in other apps that have been in org for years, so I’ve committed this time.
Its infinite customizability can be overwhelming, but, like life, you don’t have to do everything at once.

My concern with emacs has always been it breaking with OS updates or other updates. Had that happen a few times and fixing often wasn’t trivial. Don’t get me wrong, I really love emacs, but prefer something with fewer moving parts.

After watching this video, I decided to stick with Supernotes. It fits the way I think as a librarian. It provides a lot of flexibility in terms of organization and structure. Also, it encourages the user to keep the notes short so that only the essential information would be captured.

2 Likes

I like the notecard metaphor they use.

Good video. OMG, there are a lot of note taking apps! But they do seem to be running out of good names for them. That may turn out to be the limiting factor. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

All those note taking apps in Tiago’s video and my choices (NotePlan and EagleFiler) did not make the cut! :cry:

Nor did Curio.
Or Emacs for that matter :slight_smile:

1 Like

:scream:

(20 characters…)