Portable printer with case recommendations

Hi! I am 100 paperless but my clients occasionally need a physical output of our work together. What are your recommendations for a portable printer and case. I do not print a lot. Thanks!

If your printing really is rare it might be easier for you to have a store print it - I know here in Austria I can print at the post office quite cheaply, and I’ve heard UPS or Fedex offer that as a service.

Other than that, I’d suggest a cheap laser printer. Inkjets clog up if they don’t get used for a while and are expensive to refill. A laser printer can be bought fairly cheaply and you’ll never curse the clogged heads.

1 Like

Thank you. I am in a Fiekd setting and need to occasionally print reports. What do you suggest? Think if you need to print something directly at a coffee shop. Thanks!

How many pages do you normally print for your clients? 1? 4? 20?

Usually 1-5 pages. I am giving someone a report of work done. Did not CANON have a product? I am hoping to care the item with me in a briefcase or backpack.

The only truely portable printers I’ve ever found are small ones for photos which use heat on special paper to print. They’re well loved by scrapbookers - but I doubt they’d suit your needs.

I haven’t owned a portable printer since I had a Canon Bubble jet! But I have owned a number of Brother printers and found them pretty good.

I’d suggest perhaps looking for some independent reviews of their portable printer range.

Do a search on YouTube for reviews. You should be able to find something that will work for you.

Let us know what you decide on and how it works for you.

I did some research for one of my client who was looking for a similar product and the printer that looked the most well-rounded was the Epson WorkForce WF-100.

Thanks to it’s built-in battery, it’s a truly portable and compact printer.

Here’s the review from PC Mag: https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2478757,00.asp

… and a direct link to Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Epson-WorkForce-Wireless-Printer-Replenishment/dp/B00NR1GW5Q

Hope this helps!