Praise for the Apple MagSafe clear case

Okay, well, this is probably very superficial, but it’s all about the little things, eh?

I love, love my Apple MagSafe clear case. I am usually a big Otterbox / Nomad customer but after seeing that case on my dad’s iPhone 12 mini, I was very curious. I now have one on my iPhone 12 Pro and I absolutely love it, to a very stupid point I think, but eh, ain’t we also about sharing the love?

I think it works very well also because of the square edges of the phone itself, which the case transcribes. The plastic is extremely smooth and delightful to the touch. Never thought I’d enjoy a case that much, but here I am. :sweat_smile: Now I just hope it will age reasonably well.

I like it …looks slim and comfortable. I’m pretty much done with bulky cases. I’ve only cracked one phone screen and that’s because it had no case on it at all.

1 Like

It looks very similar to the Apple clear case on my iPhone 11. The only downside for me is I can see the dust that accumulates at the edges of the phone.

So I am training myself to stop looking for it :grinning:

1 Like

I was not a fan of the clear case on the 11 but the straight sides on the iPhone 12 make a surprisingly huge difference, especially in hand.
I’ll see about the dust :sweat_smile:

I am a fan of the orca wallpaper!

1 Like

Now you, sir, keep demonstrating how much of a man of taste you are! :grin:
Thank you very much! I’m very happy you like it, it’s one of the few incredible pictures I got in Iceland back when I was volunteering for an NGO in 2018. It truly was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. :blush:
(There are more here if you’re keen, with other various travel stuff :smiley:)

2 Likes

I have the same case for my 12 Mini and I love it. It lets the phone’s color show through really well.

1 Like

Does it stay clear or get discolored like other clear cases? I like Apples cases, they’ve worked well for me.

I plan to upgrade to the iPhone 13 Pro Max when it is released. I like clear cases. Do you know if the MagSafe wallet will work with the clear case? I assume so.

1 Like

I took some time to peruse those photos; they’re gorgeous!

And I see you write the kinds of fiction I enjoy reading. Les Dieux Sauvages looks like it would be right up my alley.

Alas, my French is nowhere near good enough. (I passed the reading exam in graduate school 25+ years ago, and that’s about it.)

1 Like

It will!

Apple’s case even has a nice MagSafe circle on the back for just that purpose:

I’d initially hoped to find a MagSafe compatible case without the white, but I’ve come to like it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll be adding the clear case and wallet to my list when I order the phone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know, I read very contrary posts on the subject (some saying it did, some saying it did not; I also read it scratched very easily, which has absolutely not been my experience). I decided I would take the chance on the basis that some plastics never yellow (like CD crystal cases), that Apple would know its manufacturing, and that I had the Nomad one to fall back to again if that proved to be a mistake… FYI my Otterbox clear case was quite a disappointment for my 11, it was battered as hell one year in and the rubber had completely yellowed, making for quite a disgusting look :sweat_smile: I hope the Apple one will hold better.
Will let you know…

@acavender Oh, that’s very kind, thank you very much for taking the time to look at all of this! :blush:
Yup, unfortunately I only have stuff in French at the moment (mostly urban and epic fantasy indeed). Getting translated to English is a very difficult and long path even when you have been lucky to enjoy a pro career. I’m still exploring avenues though. If they come to fruition, I am afraid I won’t resist the pleasure of letting the forums know :blush:

2 Likes

I am using an Insignia clear case on my 12 Pro and it has been working fine with the MagSafe charger I picked up during the OWC sale that coincided with Amazon Prime Day. I got the case shortly after the phone arrived on release day and it has remained clear without discoloration.

2 Likes