Presentation remote that works with Google Slides on an iPad

I’m looking for a presentation remote I can use to control a presentation in Google Slides being presented from an iPad. I’ve just been poking around Amazon reviews and comments/reviews seem mixed or negative when it comes to using various remotes in conjunction with the iPad. I would happily use Keynote, and control it with another iOS device, but I often find myself collaborating on talks with people who default to Google Slides, and now I find myself in that situation. Any recommendations?

I just need to click forward/back with slides—no laser or other extra features—using a hand held remote that doesn’t tie me to the iPad itself. (And thus I suppose I’m looking for a remote that connects via bluetooth, although USB would work in conjunction with the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter.) Thanks!

This Satechi remote says it works with Google slides, among other presentation apps, as well as the iPad Pro.

3 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation. Looks like it will meet my requirements nicely.

Yeah, I just ordered one myself! :smiley:

1 Like

An update: I delivered two presentations using this remote over the past few days and it worked successfully. I also like that it charges with a USB-C cable and it has a physical power switch. Thanks for recommending it @tgara!

Yeah, I just received mine today and I like it a lot. It feels very substantial and the buttons work much better than previous Satechi remotes. I can’t wait to test it out with my law students tomorrow night!