Printing a PDF from Chrome will always "print" an additional blank page

Hey MPU,

I recently reset my MacBook Pro and since then printing a PDF directly from Chrome’s printing dialog will always result in a blank page being sent through the printer.

If I use the system printing dialog that problem does not occur.
Also that was never a problem before I reset my MacBook Pro. :thinking:

I thought it would be a printer setting, such as “add cover page”, but none of that is activated.

I’m printing via an Epson WorkForce WF-3520 inkjet printer. I let macOS pick the drivers, no additional ones installed.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thank you for any help or hint :slightly_smiling_face:

When you choose print do you see a blank page in the preview? I don’t (though I don’t have your problem) - here’s what I see in Chrome when I choose [P]rint:

Have you tried ‘printing’ to save-as-pdf then seeing if the problem repeats itself when you print from the Preview app?

1 Like

Thank you, actually haven’t tried to save to PDF from within Chrome before, as I usually take the system dialog route for that.

But there is no blank page in the preview and the Save as PDF (directly in Chrome) works fine, no additional blank page in the saved document :thinking:

I finally found a fix.
For whatever reason Chrome recoginzes the printer twice. It didn’t even occur to me to select the other one (see arrow). With this printer no empty page gets added.

The printer is correctly installed in macOS and it is just installed once.
I’m not sure what’s causing this in Chrome. 🤷‍♂

Again, thanks for the help!