Proud (!) MPU Aficionado

I see in my profile that I have a badge indicating I have achieved ‘aficionado’ status by visiting the site for 100 consecutive days, and I’m not exactly sure how I feel about that…

According to the badge page, I achieved this status back in June, and am joined by 217 other MPU forum members in this achievement. waves

https://talk.macpowerusers.com/badges/46/aficionado

5 Likes

Cool, that’s nice. I also have the same badge, not sure when I received it exactly. But awesome.

I got mine in January 20 apparently!

You now have a solid and auditable alibi for what you have done for the past 100 days … :grinning:

4 Likes

I stopped looking at the badges and statistics. Because sometimes I catch myself thinking: “Boy, oh boy, oh boy… What am I doing here?” :wink:

1 Like

I’m a devotee. 365 consecutive days. Also, I have visited 1,200 days, according to my profile.

Oh, boy.

Every once in a while I look at the leaderboard for MPU and other forums like this. My goal is NOT to be at or near the top.

3 Likes

I need to cut back.
I’ve spent 2.17% of my life on here since I joined in June 2018.

4 Likes

Shhh!!! @simonsmark don’t tell my employer. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I hope you feel kind of good about it? Our goal for this site is to make it a safe place for tech-minded apple folk to gather away from the rest of the storms of the Internet. :wink:

5 Likes

I for one am probably spending too much time here but, this is the only “social media” outlet I allow myself. This is a wholesome educational space reflecting what the Internet was envisioned to be and what it ought to be.

4 Likes

Mostly I do feel good about it. But, as with any online community, productivity, and hacking, it can become procrastinating rather than beneficial.

I was just thinking about how I use MPU like Twitter.

I can almost feel the pride surging through my veins!

I spend a lot of time here and like it here. It’s easy to dial activity up and down by choosing which threads to keep in tracking (m t to turn on and m r to turn off, defaults set in Preferences > Notifications and the sub-preference pages.)

I seriously believe the good manners and available help at this forum have an effect on the larger community.

2 Likes

It’s kind of like reddit, in that things are grouped by topic, rather than a stream of people’s work, snark, hopes, coffee orders, etc. Unlike (most of) reddit, everyone isn’t “12 years old.”
(No offense to 12 year-olds.)