Psychoanalyst office setup

Hi there,

I’m a psychoanalyst in Porto Alegre (south of Brazil). As I spend most of the day in my office (seeing patients, reading and writing), I tried to make it as comfortable as possible.

I tend to be very minimalistic - I can’t think when there’s clutter around. That’s the main reason I use only one monitor and try to always make the best use of stock apps.

My main computer is an Early 2014 MacBook Air (1,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB memory, 120GB flash drive). It’s an old machine, but it delivers everything I need for my work. When I’m out of office, I carry an iPad Air 2 with me. In the “hidden shelf” below the desk there’s and Apple TV (sometimes I take some time off watching something on Netflix). The computer is connected by bluetooth with a JBL speaker in the waiting room (I always keep and Apple Music radio station on).

Hope you guys like it.6rgElTp8Q26B7VAv5gc63QICmcQ%25Y4Rae768PV66BWtAElgGYZ%20SSzamhZT7zwinPgfullsizeoutput_75e%20KgjnpajScSrsZ7U%20vS5TA

11 Likes

I like how simple it is, one day I’ll do that!

1 Like

It looks friendly and comfortable - love the plant. It adds a lot of warmth to the room.

2 Likes

I always try to keep it like this. I’m glad you liked it.

1 Like

I really like the plant, too.

It’s in a really busy part of the city, so I feel blessed to have the tree outside too.

1 Like

Do you set aside time to keep it like this? Like a end of day 10 min cleaning?

1 Like

Not really. I don’t let clutter grow, actually. I try not to, at least.

There’s a cleaning lady that comes twice a month to help with the “heavy stuff” (cleaning the floor, the windows…).

Since my childhood I’ve been an organized person - the down side is that I really can’t work in noisy or cluttered spaces…

1 Like

Given the state of my bedroom and desk area right now, I think that trait is rather positive

1 Like

Hahaha!

But I think it’s more a matter of “style” than discipline, you know?

I really like those desks full of books and papers - it makes me think of someone that “inhabits” its space. Or even someone working in a coffee house: so charming. I could never do that, though.