Quick better drain

Husband and I have 6SPlus iPhone; current on updates, phones were purchased at same time. We both noticed our phone battery drained quickly but charged quickly. We have deleted unused apps, I have changed to “low battery “ status. Short of getting new phones, what else can we do? If we get new phones what is the consensus on 8 or 8S Plus? Thanks, Suzy

Why not get the batteries replaced? If you don’t want new phones, this is a great way to breathe new life into “older” equipment.

I agree with Hobby Collector. New batteries will solve your problem and should give you 2 more years of use. My brother has three 6Ss in his family and they got their batteries replaced 2 months ago, and feel like they have new phones! Also, get it done before the end of this year, to get the special discount price of $29 per iPhone.

Thanks will make sure we do this!

1 Like

Go into Settings->Battery->Battery Health and see what the condition is. If it’s below 85% then that will be your problem. Spend the $29 to get new batteries.

Is this through Apple?
What are the details about this? Does this apply to every iPhone?

Through Apple:

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/battery-power

Through December 31, 2018, the out-of-warranty battery service fee is $29 for all eligible iPhone 6 or later models. Battery service at $29 may be limited to one repair per iPhone. After December 31, 2018, the fee will change to $49 for all these products except iPhone X, which will change to $69.

1 Like

Thank you I did find a place that will honor the $29 battery charge so will get that done. This place will also buy back our phones if the battery isn’t the issue. Should I be forced to upgrade what iPhone do you find the best?

I think iPhone XS and XS Max are the best, if you’re willing to spend that much. If not, the iPhone XR is a heck of a deal. The 8 and 8+ are still around, but I think that if you intend to keep these phones for a while, you’d get more mileage out of the XR.