Quick Tip: Siri in other languages

I just want to share a quick tip. For those of us who is not based in an English speaking country and often fall behind on cool new features such as Siri, always check the settings if anything new has been added for your country/language. Today, I discovered that iOS 12 beta includes a male voice for Siri in Norwegian. Super cool! :smiley:

1 Like

As a grumpy Australian, that should be rephrased to any country outside of the USA that falls behind on cool tech. But I should get off my high horse as yes the non English speaking countries often really get shafted

1 Like

Every time I listen to tech podcasts bemoaning the abilities of Siri I feel like many times the US-centric view does not fit my desires. For the fact that Siri เข้าใจภาษาไทยด้วย is so handy.
Plus Apple Music was my only option in Thailand for years, so I really appreciate the more international, inclusive nature of Apple.

1 Like

I agree, Graeme. Siri is nothing short of terrific when it comes to foreign languages. If I need her for Spanish, trusty Siri helps me out. I love her accent from Spain. I rely considerably more on my dictionary but it’s just a matter of time before Siri catches up, in my opinion!