Readwise or readwise lite

my trial with Readwise is about to expire. I am considering whether I should upgrade to a paid plan, full plan @ $8/month or lite @ $4.5/month.

I cannot tell how I can use the additional benefits being a full plan member. Readwise seems to be less than transparent about the details.

Any thoughts?

They list the pro vs. free benefits here: Pricing | Readwise

With lite, you’d be giving up note tagging, publishing (Broadcast) and active reviewing (as opposed to whatever the daily email sends.) As well as evernote/notion export and beta access, if those things matter to you.

thanks @cornchip , do you think the additional benefits of the full plan @ $3.5 / month is worth it. I am retired and have no regular income so I am watching my expense carefully and make sure I spend my money wisely

Understandable. I’d probably stick with Lite unless you’ve been heavily tagging and finding that it’s saving you time in review/follow-up.

thanks again, that’s what I am inclining to do too.

1 Like

As part of building my second brain, I want to be able to collect highlighting and notes from eBooks I read (or PDFs I review) and put them into Obsidian. I see where Readwise exports to Obsidian, but can it import from the Nook reading app (as opposed to the Kindle) and PDFExpert? The export is no good without the import.

The big benefit of Full is Readwise Reader (still in beta but pretty stable).

For Nook, unfortunately no. I don’t see it on their list of highlight sources.

PDFs are prett easy to import; there’s a helpful article explaining how the process works.

In practice, I’ve found it works well, though I often have to edit the PDF’s metadata after import. Their chapter feature (outlining) works with PDFs as well as with standard book formats.