Real Life "Jelly Scroll" Experiences on iPad Mini?

I’ve read a bunch of technical articles about the how and the why of the “jelly scrolling” on the iPad mini. But I trust the experiences of folks on this forum - if you’ve got one, what do you think of the scrolling? Is it a real issue? I’m thinking of getting one to replace my wife’s 2nd or 3rd generation model, which she uses mostly for watching streaming video, web browsing, some reading, and lightweight calendar management. Her real productivity stuff is done on a MacBook Air and iPhone.

Any real world experience with it? Thanks!

-Eric

It affects every single iPad model, not just the iPad mini.

Yes, precisely. It’s not worth getting worked up over something you likely won’t notice during normal usage.

My 10.5” doesn’t do it.

You have to record it in slo-mo in order to see it.

Ah. Well, not a problem then :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Agree that you’re likely not to notice unless you actually have a defective display. Let’s just call it Jellygate and move on to the next issue. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

If I have this thread open, look at the center of the screen and let my eyes unfocus a bit so I can see the screen edges better, then scroll up and down relatively quickly, I can see it.

But that’s the only time I see it. For me, at least, it’s just not an issue in normal usage.

1 Like

Same for me, thankfully.

1 Like