Recalculating fitness data

I need some help, I want my iPhone/Watch to recalculate the fitness data but I can’t figure out how to do this.

What happened is that I can’t wear my Apple Watch while exercising so I need to manually add it later. Unfortunately I managed to make a few mistakes about two weeks ago (I didn’t wear my glasses so I didn’t see what I was doing) … which I discovered today - I had a session that was 14+h long that was about 100 calories !!! Today, I corrected the data but unfortunately the circles etc wasn’t updated … and since I have a 2300 day streak, I would like the circles updated (yeah, I know but this streak is one major motivation for me exercising).

What I’ve tried is restarting Apple Watch and iPhone but that didn’t help. I couldn’t find any info about this, does anyone know how to get the iPhone to update the data?

The only thing that came to my mind is to change the date of your devices back to the day you want to change, do the change, and wait till the system is recognizing it!
But I could not guarantee that it will work over a so long period of time, and also not, what might happen with the data of the days between that day, and today!

I’ve seen this once or twice. Give it time - it sometimes takes a few days to update fully. I don’t know why.

You can try to give it a kick by unpairing the watch and then re-pairing it

Thanks for the ideas, I’ll be trying them tonight and see what happens.

Good luck. I lost a 970-day streak last October when my second workout of the day didn’t make its way from Strava to Fitness and I didn’t notice until the next morning (I didn’t get a notification bugging me to close my rings either, which was odd). I tried manually setting the date, then re-adding the workout—nothing. I tried adding another workout—nothing. Nothing I tried worked and eventually I gave up. If I look at Activity now, it shows I hit my calorie goal for that day, and the Stava workout is there, but the ring still isn’t closed. To say I was really pissed would be an understatement.

Anyway, if you get it to work, please let me know how.

Sorry, I haven’t found a way to fix this

1 Like

Yeah, me either. Sorry about your streak. At least you know it’s unbroken, even if Apple doesn’t.