Redact images and text in PowerPoint

This is a Mac and Windows related question so I hope it’s permitted.

Does anyone know how to redact images (logo etc) and text in a PowerPoint presentation? I can’t find an in-app solution but as a Keynote user I may be missing something.

I’ve tried covering with shapes and exporting to PDF but they are exported as objects and the underlying text can still be viewed.

Any help would be gratefully received.

If your destination is PDF, I would export to PDF, then redact using a tool made for the purpose, such as PDF Expert’s redact.
Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 10.24.48 AM

3 Likes

I like John’s solution. It sounds also like you have access to an editable PPT and are opening it in Keynote; could you just delete the objects, and paste in junk behind black boxes if you have to censor a paragraph of text?

1 Like

Many thanks @JohnAtl I think this might work. I should have stated I am advising someone who is redacting slides to send to me. I tried to emulate the process without finding a solution but the idea of redacting the pdf output just hadn’t occurred to me.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Thanks @cornchip. As I mentioned to @JohnAtl I should have stated I am advising someone who is sending me slides and I was trying to help them find a solution. I think the solution John suggested will work for text. I appreciate your help and I will suggest it to the sender too. Much obliged. It seems odd that there isn’t a built in feature to do this.

1 Like