Relay FM for St. Jude, 2021!

Hey gang, we’re back, raising money again for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital!

St. Jude is leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases, but they can’t do it without the help of people like you. Because of generous donors, families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel or food because all a family should have to worry about is helping their child live.

That meant EVERYTHING to my family when our oldest son was diagnose with a brain tumor in 2009. Today, he’s about to be 13 and is doing great, thanks to St. Jude.

We’d love to have you check out the donation page. We’re doing a bunch of live stream stuff, and of course, the annual Podcastathon is returning, so save the date: September 17th beginning at 12pm Eastern at twitch.tv/relayfm

Learn more and donate: https://tiltify.com/@relay-fm/relay-st-jude-21

7 Likes

1 Like

Great cause! You mentioned matching on the latest Liftoff and that lit a light bulb over my head—my employer does matching but I have never used it. I checked the matching page on our intranet and St. Jude is listed.

Pretty sure I can just donate through that and the employer will match. Is there some reason I should use the Tiltify link instead?

If I do use Tiltify, how do I arrange a match—looks like I just need to donate through Tiltify and upload a receipt to my employer’s intranet. Does that sound about right?

Thanks!

You can donate either way! If you send me a screenshot or PDF, I can get it routed to the campaign.

1 Like

ICYMI… 1Password made a donation of $26,922.04 today, which I believe was the amount needed to get them to their (now previous) goal of $333,333.

The new goal is now $400,001.00, presumably with the extra dollar in honor (or troll) of Casey Liss.

Considering that it’s only September 14th and the podcastathon is still a few days away (https://www.twitch.tv/relayfm), and they have already raised $337,477.12 (as of right now), I think we could see them break $500k this year.

Which is amazing.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I’m moving house on Friday, so I won’t get a chance to listen to the podcastathon live. I’ll still do my donation then, though. Maybe I can listen to the archived version while I unpack.

1 Like

The Podcastathon provided much amusement while I was unpacking yesterday. You guys did a really great job. Best one yet!

1 Like

Done! Where do you want the PDF? Email address, some other channel?

And thank you and the rest of the relay.fm team for running this program. It’s a great cause!

1 Like

While I am, sadly, not Stephen, I have heard it said to send these to

stephen at relay dot fm

2 Likes

As we enter into the final week of the month of September, I hope I can be forgiven for linking to my own website here…at least it is on topic.

2 Likes

Of the latest Thoroughly Considered there’s some interesting conversation between Myke and Tom and Dan (of Studio Neat) on how they feel much more willing to use the “hard sell” when pushing folks to donate to St Jude than they do in selling their own products.

2 Likes

Well that makes sense. When you’re not the one to benefit from something, a bit harder of a push doesn’t have the same flavor as it would otherwise.

I appreciate the work you all do for St. Jude.

1 Like

Someone else made a $26,922.05 donation, and the total is now over $600,000.

2 Likes

Final St. Jude number: $701,220.26. That’s just a hair over $1.5 million in three years. :orange_heart:

9 Likes

That is so wonderful.

Wow! great outcome …

Fantastic! Congratulations @ismh and Myke!

Well done, that’s awesome.

Nice work! You all are going to crack a million per year soon.