Relay FM for St. Jude

Hey gang —

We spoke about it on the show this week, but I wanted to share a little more about our campaign to support St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

St. Jude is leading the way in the international fight against childhood cancer, fueled by a simple mission: “No child should die in the dawn of life.”

Ten years ago, my family was rocked by the news that our oldest son had a brain tumor. His type of Cancer in an infant is really rare, but the St. Jude team stepped into action, and after 18 rounds of chemo, our then-toddler was deemed stable.

Josiah’s tumor will never fully go away; what’s left is inoperable, but today he leads a full, joyous life. He’s still closely monitored by his doctors at St. Jude, with yearly MRIs and regular bloodwork. He just started 4th grade, and is a true blessing not just to my wife Merri and I, but to his two younger siblings and everyone he meets. He’s a gift.

The amazing thing is that even over a decade into his care, St. Jude has not charged me a dime for anything. They treat their kids without regard to the family’s ability to pay. This lets parents focus on their families, not the finances and it’s simply amazing.

That’s why campaigns like ours are so important. I’d love if you’d join me in supporting this cause.

12 Likes

Always warms my heart when you share your son’s success, happiness, and health. A great cause and super pumped Relay has partnered with St. Jude.

2 Likes

Sparks has made this a little more interesting: https://www.macsparky.com/blog/2019/9/the-relay-family-feud-and-trophy-giveaway

1 Like

Dang I’d love that. Not in a position to win it, but I admire him for parting with such a special item.

This is such a heartwarming story. Thank you for sharing it and for raising awareness about this remarkable institution. It makes me very happy to make a small donation and I hope such models are replicated throughout the world. Best wishes to Josiah and your family at home and at Relay, @ismh.

1 Like

Today’s the final day to give!

1 Like

$299,063… and counting!

Who wants to push it over $300k?

2 Likes

Just before 4:00 pm US/Eastern on 30 September 2019, Relay FM crossed the $300,000 mark.

Astounding and outstanding.

3 Likes

Was probably Stephen unboxing a graphite iMac on Twitch that pushed it over the top.

Just pulling up the video on YouTube:

2 Likes

what a handsome young man in that video

1 Like

I watched a couple of other videos and then saw this:

which was… quite jarring.

2 Likes