Reorder iOS Autofill Suggestions

When I’m filling out a form or credit card info using Safari on my iPhone or iPad, it often suggests addresses or credit card numbers that are not my preferred choices. They’re technically correct but Safari only shows 2 choices and I have more than 2 addresses and credit cards. is there a way to change the order of what Safari presents as options so it will display my 2 most commonly used items? (I don’t have Autofill turned on in MacOS because I use 1Password there, but Safari Autofill can be more convenient in iOS.)

Just use 1P in iOS:

Hmm, I checked and actually I already have my default Autofill setup in iOS to use 1Password. (Must have done it back in iOS 12.) Are you saying there is a way to order what I get presented with in Safari Autofill by changing their order in 1Password?

I’m saying you should be able to choose from any available logins in 1P. Never really paid attention to the order, myself. As long as it’s the password/cc# list inside 1P you should have access to them all.

I can’t find a way to manually reorder the native autofills, but in the process of testing, I found that adding a new test card in Settings > Safari > Autofill, then refreshing, actually changed the displayed order to show my two most common cards on the keyboard. I’m curious if something similar happens to you.

1 Like

As you’re using 1Password set your most frequently used items to be favourites. This gives them priority over the others.

It isn’t possible so here is what works for me. Keep in mind only the top two will show above keypad.
Safari first sorts the Card Name by number and then alphabetically. I use my CVV as part of the name so I don’t have to remember it.

My top credit card is named
111 Target Mastercard (the 111 is my CVV)
777 Apple Mastercard
Sony 666 Visa
Amazon Prime 444 Visa
Etc. Safari will sort the numbers first and then the rest alphabetically.
It works great for me. And there is an Edit button to rename them. You may have to delete and reenter only a couple.

1 Like