I have two messages that, not matter what I do, continue to reappear in the inbox on my iPhone.
- Exchange account
- Messages are in the inbox for the Exchange account
- iOS 13-specific
- Not the only account in Mail
- Messages appear only on the phone, but not on iPad or web or office PC
- can “delete” the messages, but they immediately reappear and do not show up in deleted messages
- can “move” the messages, but (again) they immediately reappear and do not show up in the target folder.
- read/unread status can be changed
I suspect this is just some cache issue that needs to get flushed out. But I’m not sure how to do that on iOS. I’ve tried going to settings for this Exchange account and turning off Mail, waiting for a while (using other apps, using Mail, etc.) and then turning Mail for the Exchange account back on, but the messages survive.
Any suggestions for additional measures short of resetting all settings? I’d prefer not to have to go to the trouble if not necessary.