(I made this a wiki page so anyone can add resources, or just reply, as you see fit.)
Continuing the discussion from Apps for collecting . . . STUFF Devon Think, Evernote, Pocket:
Thanks to @Robertson.historian, and others for discussion. It seems like RR deserves its own thread.
There is a fantastic write up about Roam, and the paradigms used (Daily Notes, Graph Overviews, Shortcuts, Bidirectional Links, etc.) on Reddit (link below). It includes several note taking concepts and a system I haven’t heard of before, but that sound very interesting.
- Building a Second Brain (BASB), a course ($$$) by Tiago Forte
- PARA top-level organization (Projects, Areas, Resources, Archives)
- Progressive Summarization
- Evernote: using with, migrating from
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on Roam.
I was going all in on Tinderbox, but its WikiLinks feature is failing me and I’m losing interest in working around its shortcomings (again).
- Interview with Conor White-Sullivan, founder of Roam. Motivations for creating it, demo.