Roblox and Roblox Studio on the M1 Chip

How well does Roblox and Roblox Studio run on the M1 chip and Apple Silicon Macs in general? I’m asking on behalf of a developer.

As far as I’m concerned, both applications aren’t optimized for Apple Silicon Macs yet, so how well do they run under Rosetta 2, if at all? Are there any frequent crashes?

ive been running both roblox and studio for about 2 weeks now on the 13 inch m1 macbook pro and it’s pretty impressive considering it’s on rosetta 2. i can run max graphics on most games and get 60 fps, and it hasn’t crashed at all. studio runs great as well.

1 Like

Does your MacBook Pro get hot at all compared to the Intel MacBooks?

typically it’s cool or warm, but never hot. when im running applications on rosetta 2 for extended periods of time then that’s when it warms up and turns on the fan, but other than that, it’s a huge improvement over the intel macbooks. i was using one just last month and it would get so hot to the touch in the matter of thirty minutes or so.

Great to hear! :grin:

does ur computer seem slower than usual or damaged

What exactly do you mean?

For those who are interested, this topic reviews Roblox and Roblox Studio on an Apple Silicon Mac. You will need a Roblox account to view it though.

Hello,

I have a 2020 m1 macbook air and I can’t seem to download roblox studio. It lets me download it but when I click on it nothing happens. Can someone please help me!