Safari 13 extension checkbox won't accept a tick

The checkbox on Safari 13 won’t accept a tick to turn it on. I upgraded to D3 today and in fact I unchecked another extension while fiddling with it trying to get the D3 extension to work and that now won’t accept a tick either. Does anybody have any suggestions. I kind find any ‘permissions’ etc that I have failed to set properly that I know of. I know this is now a potential problem.

1 Like

Hmmm… I tried ticking a checkbox on a Web form this morning – Wordpress extension update – and encountered the same problem.

1 Like

I could not get that checkbox to work for Raindrop.io extension either.

1 Like

Worse part of this is that I unchecked LastPass while fiddling around, ‘just to see’ :rofl:

I found that if I unchecked the other extension I had it wouldn’t check on again. So don’t try doing that ‘just to see’ like I did.

I find that sometimes if the extension “app” is still running Safari won’t let you click on those check boxes such as the extension for the ad blocker Wipr. Might be different for this but worth a try.

1 Like

Thanks, good tip. It didn’t work sadly though. I will remember the tip.

I resolved this, with some support help, by re-starting in “Safe Mode”. Turn off the machine and hit the start button and then the shift key as it starts up. Log in normally and open Safari and the check boxes then worked. I restarted as normal after that and the extensions were where they should be. I am not trying to ‘toggle’ them again though on this computer. I only use two extensions.

I had to restart in Safe Mode, it worked, Apple support told me to try that.

1 Like

Experiencing the same thing with all my extensions after the latest Catalina update 10.15.3 (19D76). I’ve gone madd over this issue!

I reached out to 1Password Support and they reported the same issue. Enabling the extension in Safe Mode worked for me as well!

1 Like