Safari history not populating correctly?

Has anyone else noticed that after the last couple of updates Safari’s history is not logging everything? Specifically on iPad as this is where I’ve observed it.

I have a tendency to close a tab and then decide I need to go back to it an hour later. Multiple times in the past week when I’ve gone to do this, the page is not in my history. In fact, my Safari history is much shorter than the pages I know I’ve looked at recently.

It is a bit baffling and I’ve not worked out what the problem is. I did wonder if it’s because some of tabs were left open for several weeks before they were viewed and then closed, but surely the item should still be in my history somewhere, even if it’s not on the day I closed it (I don’t know why it wouldn’t be the day I actually looked at it, but one problem at a time).

I don’t really know how to troubleshoot this, since it seems like it shouldn’t be a problem at all!

I’ve had this happen to me on iPad before. It’s really annoying when you’ve been using Reading List heavily. Turning off Safari in Settings > iCloud, restarting the iPad, turning on Safari should fix it.