Samsung 49" Odyssey G93SC OLED

I’m wondering if anyone here has any experience using this monitor with a MacBook Pro M3 Max. I just ordered one, along with a Cable Matters 32.4Gbps USB C to DisplayPort 1.4 Cable.

First off, congrats! Those are fantastic panels. I just purchased a 38in monitor after a recent thread here. Sadly it’s non-OLED, but I’m enjoying it quite a bit.

• Make sure you are getting the maximum refresh rate in display settings. Sometimes it defaults to 60hz when you could be outputting 144hz.

• Try out some display managers if you don’t have a preferred one already. I like Magnet for snapping windows and doing layouts but there’s also BetterDisplayTool, Moom, and several others people enjoy.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips!

I read that the image on that monitor is pretty blurry (in a Reddit thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/macgaming/comments/1ayd4bb/transitioning_from_windows_to_macbook_pro_m3_max/).

The user wasn’t happy about the text. I’ve no personal experience with one.

I ended up returning it for that reason. I’ve been used to used two LG Ultrafine 5K monitors, which are retina level. I’m spoiled. I found the text on the Samsung to be difficult to read, even at it’s highest resolution.

1 Like