Hi everyone, this is my desk on campus …
I’m a PhD candidate at Victoria University of Wellington, in Wellington, New Zealand. I am researching political participation online by New Zealand women, so I spend a LOT of time at this desk on campus. And yes, my desk always looks this clean, I get teased for it, but I simply can’t work with a messy desk. My set-up involves the following:
- A 2015 12" Retina MacBook (the ‘Adorable’) … the top model at the time
- A Belkin stand for the MacBook
- A USB-C extension cable I got off Amazon
- An Apple HDMI multi-port USB-C adapter
- A Logitech solar keyboard (the K750)
- An Apple Wireless Magic Mouse (non-lightning, uses batteries)
- An old non-HD Apple Cinema Display (I also have a DCI-HDMI dongle so it plugs into the USB-C Adapter) … I absolutely DREAM of a better monitor than this. But, you know, student budgets.
- Behind the monitor plugged into the USB hub there is a small laptop hard drive for TimeMachine
- A 10.5" iPad Pro (with an Apple Pencil and a smart keyboard)
- Apple AirPods
- And this photo was taken on my iPhone X
I have the MacBook display as my primary display as I just adore the quality of the screen, even though it is quite small, and just use the old Cinema Display as a reference monitor. Plus I can easily move the MacBook in or out on the desk depending on where I want it.
Personally my dream set up would be a 5K 27" iMac on the desk with a 12.9" iPad Pro for mobility, but that will have to wait till the PhD is done I suspect
Anyway, this is my first post here … so hi!