Scan to DEVONthink

Hello,

Which do you think is the better app to scan from iPhone directly to DEVONthink? Any ideas?

I have a Brother scanner and just use the iPrint&Scan app in iOS and DEVONthink on Mac.

With the camera, I use FineScanner. The OCR and ability to quickly recognise documents is excellent, much better than Scanner Pro, which I used to use.

I use Scanbot effectively from my iPhone. I also scan directly from my ScanSnap to DT from my laptop when in the office.

1 Like

Thanks, @Bmosbacker.

Which ScanSnap do you have? Do you recommend it?

Thanks, @Rob_Polding. I’m going to try FileScanner.

OCR is really important to me.

Don’t know anything about FileScanner, but Scanbot and Scanner Pro by Readdle are both great iOS scanning apps that offer OCR, and may be worth adding to your shortlist of apps to try!

Note: the app is FineScanner (not FileScanner) by ABBYY, and it uses the same OCR engine as DEVONthink. It’s more expensive than Scanbot or Scanner Pro but offers much better OCR, and it can OCR any file you give it. Scanner Pro has pretty poor OCR, I tried it for a long time and was never satisfied with the results.

1 Like

Ah yes, I am familiar with that, and ABBYY is literally in the OCR business, and they do a great job of it.

That’s the beauty of the scanning app market these days, a lot of options, all good, just depends on your taste and needs!

2 Likes

I have the Fugitsu ScanSnap iX500. Software support is a bit on the slow side but they did just upgrade their software to ensure that it is compatible with Mojave 64 bit. The scanner has been outstanding. It is an excellent scanner.

http://www.fujitsu.com/us/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/scansnap/ix500/

1 Like

Thank you, @Bmosbacker.