Scanner Pro workflow

I am in the process of developing a workflow to scan all my receipts. I will be using Scanner Pro with my iPhone. What is the recommended action to save to? Evernote, Dropbox, or send by Email? Thoughts??

I use scanner pro in conjunction with Hazel on my Mac. I save my receipts to a folder in iCloud Drive with a keyword in the file name. Hazel searches for that keyword and moves it to the appropriate folder. I think you can get by using any of those services. Most of my storage is on iCloud Drive.

4 Likes

IF you decide to use Evernote, remember it does not ‘search’ PDFs unless you’re a Premium subscriber. Remember this is you want to search those scans later from within Evernote – it won’t word search unless you’re Premium.

I had been a subscriber to Evernote Premium for years. Still use it, just don’t see the value in an annual fee (for me…). So, I started scanning my receipts to a OneDrive folder. (Might change that to an iCloud folder – still on the fence.)

1 Like

Scanner Pro offers workflows that I use to rename & upload files. If you are a Gmail user, you can do full text search of the PDFs if they are uploaded to Google Drive.