Scansnap and VueScan

I have a Scansnap S1300 which is working fine under Mojave. I realise with Catalina it will no longer work. Has anyone used VueScan with the S1300? What are you experiences? Which version of VueScan did you use?
Really don’t want to trash a perfectly performing piece of hardware just because Fujitsu are forcing me too.
Thanks

Haven’t got the S1300 but have the S510M which I think is even older. VueScan works perfectly with that.

Why should the Scansnap S1300 not work with Catalina? The 64bit version is available since Majave. :thinking:

While VueScan does recognize my ScanSnap S1500M (which will definitely not run under Catalina because Fujitsu’s drivers are 32-bit), the initial scans I did were poor quality. There are lots of different settings (if you spring for the most expensive version), so with a little work I was able to improve them. I still need to do further work, however, as the files are now quite big.

I haven’t figured out how to save them as presets so I can quickly scan. I hope I can do that in VueScan, but the software interface is not good.

Also, it doesn’t seem to work with the hardware button on the scanner itself, which is a feature I use for every scan. I was surprised to find that this was so annoying, but it really does slow me down when I need to switch back to the Mac and do some precise mousing to start the next scan.

In summary, if I hadn’t already paid for VueScan for another reason, I probably wouldn’t have because it doesn’t get the scanner working as before.

1 Like