ScanSnap Bit The Dust

I personally scan documents seperately. If I remember correctly it just doesn’t seem that slow to me. However, if I did have a lot of documents, and if it did feel slow to me, then I’d scan all as one document, then later break up that 1 big document into seperate smaller documents. Using something like PDF Expert its very easy to see all pages at once, and then break up into seperate PDFs. I’m sure other tools would be good at this also.

… of course it all depends on the quantity of scans. I can’t tell if you are “fussy” (no insult intended) and want to scan 10 pages total across 3 documents, or 1,000 pages total over 670 documents. It makes a big difference in approach depending on the scale of the challenge.

Thank you both! It seems like just bulk scanning everything into one PDF and dividing them later is the best option. I was just hoping there was a way to “tell” the scanner where the document breaks are, short of going through the usual process. Oh well.

It is true that you have to wait for the software to process your scan, but there is absolutely no need to click save.

Work with profiles “in which [Scan to Folder] is set for [Send to] in [Application]”.

This setting will save the scanned file with the options you have set in the profile without bothering you with anything further. Depending on your settings and your Mac’s horsepower you will not even notice a significant processing time. I have scanned tens of thousands of documents over the years this way.

Create profiles for your needs! That is where those Scansnaps really shine.

1 Like

Thank you. I am using profiles, but it is still prompting me to click save after each scan. I guess I need to review all the settings again.

In the scanner settings you may have the “Feed” set to “Continuous scan” - it is waiting to see if you’re going to add additional documents in the feeder to be included in this scan. If you set “Feed” to “Normal scan”, the ScanSnap scans all of the documents in the feeder then saves automatically.

Also, if you want to change what you see on the monitor, you can change some settings under “Preferences”.

1 Like