Scansnap ix1600

I viewed Tom Solid’s youtube video on it a couple of years ago and I’ve kept my eye on it to see if there were horror stories but I didn’t see a lot. I’'ll likely give it a go and keep my IX1500 as a backup.

1 Like

If you create an account with Fujitsu, that same scanner can be used on more than 1 computer (up to 5).

I only found this out after purchasing the Scansnap, otherwise I might have reconsidered.

However, it works fine.

I listen to Marco but I understand that he and I share a love of ranting about products, solutions and services that aren’t up to par from our perspective. Proper adjustment and filtering of all comentary is necessary. I wouldn’t consider the Raven but Fujitsu is another poster child for looking at UI or design choices and saying “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot”.

Not blaming Fujitsu alone …I had an Epson Document Scanner back in the day. The speed? “Bat
out of Hell” level but man oh man the Epson software was so bad I sold it off at a loss. Had a Neat scanner back when they did hardware. Software was, from a UI perspective, the most promising but it never formed any real synergy.

My experiences are why I think the Paperless Office never really took off. The hardware and software vendors never created a system that had a low enough learning curve and the right UI appeal and touches to get people to stick with it. We’re still waiting.

Question:

When scanning directly to email, is there a way to add date and time variables in the subject line?