Screenflow users, best guess on when v.10 will be released?

I want to buy a second license for Screenflow but I don’t want to buy another v9… its been 16 months since 9 was released.

release time between 8 to 9 was 15 months
release time between 7 to 8 was 12 months

1 Like

Hello Past Me,

Screenflow 10 is now out and it is awesome. Enjoy!!

Signed,
Future Me to you Present Me to me.

2 Likes

I ran version 1 and 2, back when it was the talk of the town and not owned by Telestream.
So it still holds up?

yes and they seem to have put the 19 months since v.9 to good use. Lots of new goodies and an updated interface. Will be delving into it more in the coming days…

1 Like

after a month, I can just say wow. While screenflow is the app we reach for when its time to make a screencast, they have really upped their “video editing” power so we can easily use this as a more than capable video editor. I am so happy with this.

Now I wish they would duplicate the Video Editor functions and make a standalone iPad Pro app with it.

1 Like

Good to hear. Still have v9, and holding off on upgrading to v10 – but seems there have been some good improvements. Separate audio channels to record, seems like a really useful change, so will probably take the plunge sooner rather than later…

Screenflow has become one of my most used apps. For anything that does not require Premiere level work, I am using Screenflow. The interface is organized and nice and tight.

I’ve been using screenflow a lot, lately, to tidy up the recordings from a conference I ran on zoom.

It keeps beach balling on me. Which is driving me nuts!

Do you have any advice?

It really is driving me nuts!

(the files are saved to iCloud, not dropbox or one drive, and they’re 2-3 gigs each)

I have never used Screenflow before, how is it compares to Da Vinci Resolve? Waiting for Cyber Monday to buy one of them on discount. I am using one of them for casual editing of family videos

33d

I would take iCloud out of the mix.

1 Like

Screenflow isn’t really designed to be a head-to-head competitor for the big, pro video editing programs. It’s designed to be an excellent tool for screen recording, and a decent-quality video editor for those files.

On my 32 GB / 6 core 2018 Mac Mini, loading a 2.5-hour Zoom recording (720p) into ScreenFlow 9 caused the whole system to bog down, beach ball, etc. Screenflow took a long, long time before it would allow me to do any editing.

I have to assume that a similarly-specced system wouldn’t be bogged down nearly as much with more high-end video software. I could, of course, be wrong - and I’m open to correction if so. :slight_smile:

Also:

Basically, Screenflow’s upgrade pricing adds $10 per version that you skip. So v9 to v10 is X, v8 to v10 is X + $10, v7 to v10 is X + $20, etc. If you don’t need the current version, and the old one still runs, it doesn’t hurt to skip a generation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

as @webwalrus explained, here are the upgrading prices for the the “outside the app store license” which is good for 1 computer.

also every new version is $49 for a few days when it hits the App Store so this is the way to get additional computers in for a lower cost or begin with the App at a lower investment.

I have both licenses.

Thank you. I will do that.

20% off right now on Early Black Friday sale.