Like many in the community I listen to whack ton of podcasts. This leaves me with content I want to either:
- save the whole copy of - many bookworm podcasts have enough content, I want to be able to lookup again later
- sometimes I want snippets - many time MPU and Focused have great idea fragments and I just need five minutes
In both cases I want not just the audio, but also the transcribed text saved.
So far I:
- download podcasts to my computer and transcribe them (MacWhisperer)
- I put the transcription and the mp3 file DevonThink
The weaknesses this approach:
- DevonThink doesn’t that an SRT file has a relationship with the podcast or video file. Ideally it would allow me to select a sentence and jump to that portion of the podcast/video
- MacWhisperer isn’t (yet), designed for me to highlight text and export the audio/video that corresponds to the highlight
I looked at snipd - since it supports highlighting podcasts, however its weakness is that all only my highlights are exported. Whereas I want to export: [All the Text|Highlights] and trimmed audio/video.
What are others doing to make it easier to store/search podcast/video? Do you transcribe? Do you have a clever way of storing the transcription and audio file together? Does your approach handle highlighting?