Does anyone use multiple notes applications for their personal notes?
I’m torn between OneNote, GoodNotes (on iPad with Apple pencil), and Apple Notes. Each is good in it’s own way, but I would really like to move to one if I could find the perfect application.
I use a Windows computer for work (including all MS Office applications), which necessitates Windows compatibility.
Here are my biggest issues with each:
- Flexible, but complex notes organization system
- Inconsistent features supported across platforms (Windows version is most robust; no templates on Mac or iPad)
- Not the best experience with Apple pencil
- No windows support
- No hyper-linking (e.g., to other pages, applications, or websites)
- Limited Windows support (only through web browser)
- Limited hyper-linking (although better than GoodNotes)
I’ve started to use specific applications for specific notes purposes, which is maybe the best I can hope for:
- OneNote for work notes
- GoodNotes for planning
- Apple Notes for general personal notes repository
Does anyone else run into similar issues or workarounds?
Ideally I could set up some automation that could export notes from any notebook/application into another format/application that could handle text conversion.
I’m coming to the realization I may just have to live in an imperfect, klugy world.