I have this sensory thing, so things like sounds and vibrations are distracting and annoying.
- I have a WD My Book, which is reasonably fast, but vibrates my desk and makes noise, especially when TimeMachine is doing hourly backups to it.
- I have WD My Passport drives that I might RAID together, but they can be super slow (28 hrs to back up 1.5T using ChronoSync).
- I can’t afford 8T worth of SSD.
- I have a NAS, but want something attached so Backblaze will back it up.
- I looked at LaCie, but they have that hideous Eye of Sauron that’s even larger than their old 160GB drives that I used to use.