Selling a MacBook in the UK

I have a 2022 Air that I want to sell as I have a 15" now. Apple trade in is less than generous but easy. I’m trying to sell it privately (here). If that doesn’t work I’d like to try one of the firms that buys tech. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable one in the UK?

I’ve had good experience with MusicMagpie - better price than Apple and a quick process.

2 Likes

+1 for Music Magpie.

Not in the UK but I have heard multiple British podcasters praise Music Magpie for their deals.

I’ve used Music Magpie for selling iPhones before and they’ve been good - better prices than Cex and I was able to go to an Asda and use their machines to drop off.

Cex is reasonably good but think it depends on your local store - I use them fairly regularly. Last year I tried to only purchase second hand tech, which was half successful. Did have my first issue with them this week however, as I ordered a second hand Apple Watch and it arrived activation locked so that’s got to go back.

I still use eBay and find it reliable most of the time (this is a particularly good choice if you’ve got something that lowers the value of the device, because eBay buyers can be less fussy than the professional companies).

If your device is in very good condition I find CeX a good option, if you live near one of their stores. You drop the device off and they’ll assess it and then give you a quote. (Don’t bother with this if you have a major defect like a damaged port, cracked screen, etc., as it severely reduces what they will pay and eBay will probably pay more.)