SellYourMac.com vs BuybackWorld.com

I’ve just bought a new iMac and would like to sell my old 27" Thunderbolt Display Monitor. I found two sites online: SellYourMac.com will give me $207 and Buybackworld.com will give me $280. Gazelle doesn’t take this product and I don’t want to hassle with selling it myself on Ebay or Craig’s List. Has anyone had any experience with SellYourMac or Buybackworld? Any suggestions?

Check out resellerratings.com. Although I haven’t heard of either of these sites, on ResellerRatings SellYourMac got high ratings and BuyBackWorld didn’t.

1 Like

This might be getting lower rating from buyers point of view though. Is that the case?

All ratings on resellerratings are from consumers dealing with those sites. They have been around for many years, and have a good reputation, and the site does a good job sniffing out fake reviews. I’ve referred to ratings there before making purchases at new sites (and I’ve participated in rating sites and purchases there) since 2008.

1 Like

I had a good experience selling an old 27” iMac to macmeanoffer.com. They are the buying arm of macofalltrades. I found they offered slightly more than other sites though did charge for an iMac box i hadn’t saved mine. Not 100% sure if they buy monitors. I have accessories I was looking to sell and Buybackworld pops up so would love to hear your experience if you do go with them.

UPDATE: Just sold a 2nd old iMac to macmeanoffer.com and again had a very good experience.

1 Like

Thank you, everyone, for your input. I ended up going with SellYourMac.com. They were responsive to my emails, and sent me packing materials specific to my 27 inch thunderbolt display at no additional cost. Granted, their offer was much less than buyback world, but I felt more comfortable dealing with them. I haven’t completed the process yet, as I will be dropping the box off at FedEx tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

1 Like