Set up Apple Mail to send but not receive?

I could swear I had this set up on my previous laptop, but I can’t seem to make it work on my current machine. Basically, I want to be able to send email from my domain address (cindy@cindybidar.com) through the Apple Mail app, but I don’t want it to receive email from that address.

My specific use case (if it matters) is that my Gmail account fetches, filters, and processes my domain email, and I want that to continue. My Apple Mail app then collects all of my Gmail email, including from my domain. If I let Apple Mail also fetch my domain email, some of them never make it to Gmail for processing.

I’ve tried removing the incoming server for that account from Mail, but it won’t save. I’ve tried disabling the account in the internet accounts settings, but then it won’t send.

I feel like I’m missing a simple setting somewhere, but I just can’t figure it out. Any ideas?

If your domain address is set up for sending in Gmail, you can add it as an alias in Apple Mail for your Gmail account. Here’s the help doc for Mac.

And here’s what it looks like in Mail Preferences:

3 Likes

Yes! That’s exactly what I was missing. Works like a charm. Thanks @lkhrs!