I have 3 computers
- Work Intel Mbp for productivity
- Personal M1 Mbp for productivity.
- Personal i12 Windows PC, primarily for gaming.
- Display: I have an Super Ultrawide display with 2 DP and 1 HDMI input, audio out, USB. I plug the PC in directly, and the Mac goes through a USB-C to DP converted to the display.
- Kb/Mouse - Logitech MX Kb/Mouse can switch between all 3 computers.
- Audio: Monitor speakers connected to display’s audio out. It’s only 2.1 stereo but it works.
- Other Peripherals: Scanner, USB drives, USB Camera ,etc are connected to a Caldigit Dock, which only the Mac’s can connect to via Thunderbolt. The PC doesn’t have access to them.
The kb/mouse setup isn’t ideal because I want to use the Microsoft Sculpt keyboard that I got as a gift with all 3 computers. It will only connect to the USB dongle that it came with.
If I put the dongle in the Caldigit dock, work and personal macbooks can use it as they are connected ( but only one at a time ) to the dock.
If I put the dongle in the PC, it works but the Mac’s cannot access the keyboard.
I’m happy with the switching the display using a switch, but I need something for the MS Sculpt keyboard. Ideas?