I am quite happy to find this awesome community and would love to see all the different people’s workflows and setups. As well as share my workflow too.
I use macOS primarily and I use a lot of apps on it that boost my productivity. I share all the apps I use and why in this GitHub list.
And here is the screenshot of my Desktop.
I am a huge fan of all things automation so naturally my favourite apps are Karabiner, Alfred and Keyboard Maestro.
For coding I use VS Code, Dash and iTerm.
And I cannot live without 2Do and Trello for all my task management needs.
Outside of macOS, I love using iOS and use many apps from it too and have many plans for creating awesome shortcuts in iOS 12.
Here is how my iOS home screen looks like:
And I describe it in detail here.
That’s about it. I would love to hear what your favourite tools & apps are on both mac and iOS and what your workflow with it is. Feel free to ask any questions you have about my workflow too, I am happy to answer it all.
Oh and if anyone is interested in iOS/macOS automation and power using, I made a Telegram group you all can join. Would love to see you there.
I’ll reply later but just wow! Love your extensive documentation too.
I try other task management apps but always return to 2Do!
Let me give this a shot!
I’ll break this down by device.
Email: Spark across all my devices. Maybe something better but I love it and it works for me.
Calendar: Default calendar app, simple and easy to use, my needs are simple.
Task Manager: OmniFocus - I’ve used it for years now (more then 4) and can’t imagine life without it. Recently revamped it and between that and discussing on the OmniGroup forums, I’m getting some great insights.
Writing App: Ulysses. Getting more into this and shifting away from Scrievener. That’s my project for the coming weeks, converting some of my still active Scrivener projects to Ulysses.
Productivity: Text Expander, Keyboard Maestro, and Alfred. Working to get better at using them more to their potential. BeFocused Pro for Pomodoro timers on my Mac and iPhone 8.
Utilities: Carbon Copy Cloner, 1Password (this app has changed my life!), Grammarly, Bartender (need to access these more), Blackblaze (trying it for backup, we’ll see), Caffine, Daisy Disk, Dragon Dictate (dictation software I rely on to type long bits of text. I actually didn’t use it for this post as I’m on the train but normally I would.), Gemeni 2, VLC (media player of choice)
Reference: DevonThink (using this more and more),
Other:Discord, RescueTime (used to track computer usage)
- MyFitness Pal
- 5k Runner
- Strong (workout app)
- Happy Scale (weight tracking app)
- Messages (of course!)
- Snapchat (I have limited friends on this on purpose)
- Facebook Messenger
- Via (ride share app in Chicago, NYC, and D.C.)
- TripIt (organizes traveling, really simple and easy and makes stuff all in one place)
- Glympse (allows me to send my location to someone for a period of time)
- Amtrak (for train travel)
- Ventra (Chicago transportation service, can reload card from app)
- GasBuddy (finds cheap gas)
- Google Maps
- YNAB (budgeting app of choice, absolutely love it!)
- Dark Sky (provides real time and snarky weather updates)
- Deliveries (package tracker)
- Due - I use this for short or small reminders like taking my medication and swiping out at work
- DevonThink - I’m working to make this my brain. A work in progress.
- Manual (camera app for manual picture taking, I use this for my pictures for eBay)
- BeFocused Pro - Pomodoro timer
- Planbook - used for lesson planning
- Drafts - for capturing but need to get better at processing.
- iShowsMovies - tracks movies
- iShows TV - tracks tv shows
Interesting you use Karabiner instead of just using Keyboard Maestro. Aside from 2Do and Trello where do you capture things?
I write it all in my wiki. Which is edited with Sublime Text on mac and Ulysses on iOS.