Shortcut to post to your Wordpress blog from Apple Notes

I’ve started to look more at Apple Notes for all of my blog posts and wanted to see if I could post to Wordpress from Apple Notes using a shortcut.

Here’s my attempt.

2 Likes

Nice. If you have the WordPress app installed you can also publish from Notes to the WP share extension which seems to work pretty well with the exception that it places your text into a block quote by default though it’s easy to remove that. Also, it does not do formatting. Your Shortcut is great for that.

1 Like

This is potentially very useful. I use Drafts to post text posts to my blog but I also post many images, and Drafts is no help there.

The Wordpress share extension is nearly useless. I wonder if the people developing that extension actually use it. Feh.

From what I can tell if you use the shortcut you have the option to choose text or image but not both.

That said, I mentioned above that it’s also post from notes right to the Share Extension for WP without a shortcut and that will post images and text together. But, no processing of your markup.

1 Like

Thanks, sounds like I need to tweak it.

I’ve used drafts to post text to WP. But, Ulysses handles featured images and gets other photos posted and roughly positioned. Inserts tags and categories… new version does more with images but I haven’t used it yet.

On a podcast, I heard there are shortcuts to get better publishing from Drafts. Could have been supercomputer with Rosemary Orchard as guest. This memory is hazy so no promises.

I mostly use my self-hosted wordpress blog as a linkblog. Wordpress is overkill for that but I haven’t found an alternative I prefer.

How can I get this shortcut? It is not in the gallery.

via the link in the opening post

Have you explored micro.blog . I tried it for a while it appeared to be a super twitter, but you can get it working as I recall with your own domain. Met some friendly supportive people. But I wanted to use it to encourage new readers to my site and I decided it was not the best tool for that.

1 Like

I tried the shortcut but it wouldn’t accept my site’s URL. Any suggestions?

For linkblogs check out the free P2 Classic Wordpress theme. I used it for a couple of years. Simple and fast. I liked it for its real-time inline comments, a la Twitter, but you don’t need to use it for that.

Here’s a demo of the page.

If you have the WordPress app installed and set-up for your blog. You should be able to post to your blog from lots of different text apps. It’s actually doable just as a function of the standard share sheet via the app. Setting up a shortcut allows you to add extra functions but you might just start with the basic share-sheet to see if that works.

It’s appealing but I haven’t tried it. Just haven’t found a place for it.

I looked at p2 but did not like the author profiles on every post. That’s just clutter on a single author blog.

Lately I’ve just moved my web link logging to tumblr