Shortcuts for iOS "StartTime" variable

Hello everyone,

I recently downloaded Rose’s Shortcut workflow dealing with calendar templates (as posted to the Automators podcast), which I find quite helpful, and an excellent example of using the “choose menu” feature of Shortcuts for iOS.

However, I have a little bit of an issue I am not able to resolve, and it is slightly frustrating.

I try to use the “starttime” variable elsewhere in the Shortcut workflow, but when running the Shortcut, I get an error message informing me that “an invalid start date has been provided.”

Therefore:

1. How can I re-create this “StartTime” variable so that it can work elsewhere in the workflow?

2. Do I need to create a series of “set variables” for both “start and end times” respectively?

3. When trying to add the start time variable elsewhere in the workflow, I get the invalid start date message, why?

4. If there are any voiceover users could this be a potential bug when selecting this variable while using the screen reader?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

I don’t think this is a voiceover bug but I renamed one magic variable to start time and missed the second one. As such you’re probably hearing “adjusted date” or “date” (I don’t remember off the top of my head) as the second start time variable. It should be one of the first variables in the second menu item.