Shortcuts & OmniFocus - Generating Tasks For Client Invoices

I’ve been struggling to create a particular Shortcut for a while now so wondered if anyone would be able to help? It involves Shortcuts and OmniFocus.

I’m a music teacher and frequently have to send out invoices to my clients. I would like a Shortcut that adds a task to OmniFocus reminding me to send, follow up and receive payment for each client. It would look something similar to this:

• Receive payment from client 1
    • Send invoice to client 1
    • Follow up payment from client 1

And

• Receive payment from client 2
    • Send invoice to client 2
    • Follow up payment from client 2

To generate this I have been using use the Text and Add TaskPaper to OmniFocus actions in Shortcuts.

What I would like to be able to do is select multiple client names from a list and have each name set as a variable ‘client name’ so that it is subbed into the TaskPaper script for each individual client. I assume this would be by using the Repeat With action somehow, but I’m not 100% sure how or where to use this in the script.

I’ve tried multiple combinations, but have not found the right one yet. Can anyone help?

One simple and quick solution:

I’d use data jar to store the client data. This way you can use it in more shortcuts, and only maintain the one db.

Once that’s done, just get the keys from data jar, use choose from list and have these values put in a text field.

example attached (used a data jar dictionary called clients with text values per client)

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/5e10764cbdee4542ad48ff00d8485b64

hope it helps a bit.

1 Like

This is EXACTLY what I need. Thank you so much for sharing this app and for basically building the Shortcut for me! Solved the problem I was having and will undoubtably fix other Shortcuts I’ve already made and others I’ll make in the future.

Really appreciate it.