Shortcuts Pinging on Apple Watch

I upped my shortcut game in earlier in pursuit of better Focus Modes. The focus modes themselves are good. The downside whenever I change focus modes my watch makes a binging noise for a shortcut being run. It is driving members of my family mad.

Short of silencing the whole watch is there an elegant workaround?

What actions is the Shortcut running? Is it a notification coming from an action in the Shortcut?

Have you turned off ā€˜Ask before runningā€™ and ā€˜Notify when runā€™ in the automation settings in the Shortcuts app?

Iā€™ve always had my phone and watch permanently on silent so Iā€™m not sure if this is something that happens with all Focus mode automations.

1 Like

Thanks I was beating my head against the wall looking for those two toggles in shortcuts themselves when of course it was in automations.

Ugh.

Thanks

1 Like

I feel like thereā€™s a fun thread to be had about what volume settings people have on their devices :rofl: Pre-pandemic I was a ā€œsilent most the timeā€ person in both. Since I now work from home Iā€™m a ā€œsound on all the timeā€ person.

Iā€™ve never had shortcut notifications on my watch though. I donā€™t want them, but sounds like itā€™s the notification instruction in shortcuts thatā€™s doing it. I have two daily automated shortcuts that deliberately provide a notification when run (so I know theyā€™ve completed successfully), but they run on my iPad and the notifications have never appeared on another device.