Show Us Your Historical Homescreen

5 Likes

@supermamon: I really like your Scriptable widget. How did you create it? I’m unfamiliar with Scriptable, is the recipe to create the widget on your homescreen included with the app?

First Apple product was a 3rd Gen iPod Touch. After that my programmer cousin convinced me Android was way better when I was shopping for my first smartphone in 2010.

I then went scorched earth against Apple driven by envy of those who could afford their products.

Eventually I was tired of poor quality apps and apps being released on iOS first as well as this little social photography app I can’t remember now.

So I bought an iPad…then an iPhone 5s…then my first Mac in 2014. Haven’t looked back.

4 Likes

OMG Trillian! Blast from the past!

1 Like

Oh my Mac desktop. I literally have 8 years of screenshots I should probably delete…

4 Likes

Yep - I had a Handspring Visor & actually got the cellular dongle for it. My address book went straight from Windows XP to Palm Desktop to my 1st Mac in 2004.

1 Like

4 Likes

I have a soft spot for Windows Phone, still the only mobile OS to this day whose back button worked consistently across the entire system, not just apps.

1 Like

Thanks! This is one of the more experimental scripts I have. It would require a bit of cleanup before it could be shared and usable to others.

There are plenty of samples shared by others over at the Automators community if you ever want to explore.
And also a very basic writeup on creating a widget.

Miss this UI so much. Loved the unified social feed on swipe.

I have a feeling you’ll like this topic then.

(Also, I’m surprised that nobody has brought up the Sears icon and the Kmart icon on my homescreen)

1 Like

Thought those were added by the phone manufacturer, I remember the Nokia 540 I had came with some junk. Like PC, like phone lol

Haha, nope! Until recently, Sears and Kmart were the only retailers of their kind in my area. Their loyalty program kept me on board.

They also managed to singe this commercial into my brain. I refuse to forgive them for that.

1 Like

I was just doing some clean up in photos and found these, from 2011:

IMG_0004

And 2013:

I always loved the original Reminders icon for some reason.

1 Like

Agree! It’s aged well.

I always loved the original Google Maps icon (which was in @beck’s reply) because it reminds of how far Apple Maps has come. I shudder whenever I think of the state of Apple Maps in iOS 6.

@beck Only 12 unread emails? Oh how things have changed :rofl:

5 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes