Skins on an iPad

I have a 12.9 IPP and a Magic Keyboard. I like the flexibility of being able to detach and re-attach on demand, but I don’t like how slick the back of the device is holding it on it’s own. I’ve been looking around at several different brands of skins (Dbrand, Colorware, DecalGirl), but can’t really find anything on how much grippy-ness, if any, are added for each.

Can anyone here that has one of their own provide any clarity for me on this?

I put a skin on the back of my pro from Amazon, mainly to prevent scratches - it does improve the grip but not to a major degree. The one I used was a kleerlook from amazon but just tried to get a link and its no longer there unfortunately.

I have used Dbrand for a phone cover and they were decent and Slickwraps - they were awful, both the product and the service.

1 Like

If you want a customized skin, Skinit has been a good option for me. I have purchased 5-6 skins from them over the past few years. MacBook Pro, iPad & iPhone

www.skinit.com

1 Like

I have had a dbrand skin on my MacBook adorable for several years now and it’s been amazing. I picked the faux leather and it has plenty of grip (imo). Give it a try!

1 Like

I had a dbrand skin on my iPhone SE for over a year and I thought it helped stop the phone from sliding compared to the aluminum. It comes off without leaving residue but you do have to pull pretty hard. I only removed it to go back to the stock aluminum look for awhile. I would recommend it.

1 Like

I had a Dbrand for a while on mine and it definitely added some grip. In the end though, I prefer the look and feel of the aluminum plus I have both the Smart and Folio keyboard covers, and the folded back Folio provides enough grip for me when I’m using the iPad in “tablet mode”.

1 Like

I’ve the Dbrand Swarm skin on my iPad Mini 5 and it adds grip, as the skin is textured in the “hive” pattern so that works quite well. Not sure what the other skins are like through.

1 Like

Thanks all. I appreciate the feedback.